Watershed Science and Engineering Diversity in Hydraulic Engineering Scholarship
Watershed Science and Engineering is excited to provide this scholarship opportunity. The intent of this scholarship is to raise awareness of, and interest in the fields of hydrologic engineering, hydraulic engineering, and applied geomorphology among populations that are currently underrepresented in our industry. The scholarship will provide $2,000 to the successful applicant to be used to cover costs related to pursuing a degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. WSE will also offer career mentoring to the scholarship recipient.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Self-identify as any of the following:
- Black, Indigenous, and/or person of color (BIPOC)
- Pacific Islander
- Other group underrepresented in the field of hydraulic engineering (please explain in application)
- Be enrolled full-time at the University of Washington
- Be pursuing a degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Have an interest in hydrology, hydraulics, or geomorphology
Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- a completed application form, including
- an up-to-date UW transcript, and
- a resume or summary of internship/work experience(s) and involvement in other activities.
Applications must be received by December 10, 2022. Final selection will be made by December 31, 2022 and the recipient will be notified by email. The scholarship will be awarded in a single disbursement of $2,000 prior to January 31, 2023. The award will be provided directly to the recipient to be used for educational expenses.